Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Apr 2001, 15:00 (Ref:86637)   #1
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pit Stops Strike Again

There I was, settling down to what promised to be a really good scrap between Jarno Trulli and Juan-Pablo Montoya, raising my glass to some more real motor racing in this intriguing renaissance season.

(Are you reading this, Billy_Hunt?)

And then what happens? The Jordan and the Williams, scrapping nose to tail for places, dive simultaneously into the pit lane, the Williams team do their obligatory blistering stop, and Montoya skips daintily out ahead of Trulli, leaving the Jordan eating dust.

We woz robbed!

I really hate it when that happens.
Old 29 Apr 2001, 15:15 (Ref:86644)   #2
Sonatrap
Racer

Sonatrap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely!
Old 29 Apr 2001, 16:06 (Ref:86665)   #3
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep! I agree.
It was looking really good wasn't it.
I was surprised to see Williams bring in JPM he was obviously faster I would have thought the saver option would have been to let him have a couple of flying laps.
But we are always reminded by the drivers that it is the team that does all the hard work.
But at the end of the day that was just circumstances at the time,another occasion they may not be so close to the pit window and we shall see some racing.

So what are you saying Tim we should ban pitstops ?

Good move by DC on Heidfeld though an intelligent move I'd say
Old 29 Apr 2001, 16:58 (Ref:86691)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not again that Ban pitstops thing !!

It was a pity for the battle race indeed, but I hope it will come out
more frequently the rest of the season.

I suggest a training for the bosses in strategy, let the drivers do the work and then pit in... just a joke
Old 29 Apr 2001, 19:08 (Ref:86744)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's funny how we see the cars pitting and then sit on the edge of our seats to see which car comes out first. (Or not, as the case may be)
Old 30 Apr 2001, 06:18 (Ref:86906)   #6
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
These little subtleties are here to keep teh Aussi awake at around 1 am in the morning.
Old 30 Apr 2001, 12:53 (Ref:87019)   #7
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I really like pit stops, sometimes they can be definitive for a race win. This time JPM was really going to make a move on trulli on the race, but williams decided ot to take risks, and the send him ahead after the stop. And again when montoya was behind JV, same thing happened, maybe the car was not as fast as to stay making fast laps.
Old 30 Apr 2001, 13:07 (Ref:87029)   #8
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by kuchi
This time JPM was really going to make a move on trulli on the race, but williams decided ot to take risks, and the send him ahead after the stop. And again when montoya was behind JV, same thing happened
Is'nt this the problem Kuchi. Would'nt you rather have seen Montoya, Trulli & Jacques battle for each position rather than "hold station"
Old 30 Apr 2001, 14:54 (Ref:87053)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But Max says we all tune in only to see the pit stops! Are y'all calling Max a ....

Never mind.
Old 30 Apr 2001, 16:17 (Ref:87105)   #10
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
But Max says we all tune in only to see the pit stops! Are y'all calling Max a ....

Never mind.
liar
idiot
guy who knows nothing about grand prix entertainment
guy on a mission to destroy all that I love about F1
guy that should retire.

Answer to all of the above - YES

Did I miss one?