Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Jun 2007, 09:07 (Ref:1930031)   #1
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dijon 22-24 June

Anyone else going to Dijon? I just got the entry list for the GT & Sports Car Cup and it really looks fantastic.

7 Lotus Mk11
2 Lola Mk1
1 Cooper t39 Bobtail
A couple of AC Aces, Jags, Alfa SZ etc
3Morgan plus 4
2 Alfa TZs
2 MGBs
2 Porsche 356
5 big Healeys
2 Ferrari 275 GTBs
1 TR4
2 Shelby Mustangs
8 Cobras!
1 Bizzarini
2 Sting Rays
4 E types
1 Tiger

Will be a great race - 90 mins as well.

U2TC also have a very good turnout.

I've not seen the other grids yet.

Roger
Old 6 Jun 2007, 10:50 (Ref:1930113)   #2
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn!

Would have loved to go, but it's my brother-in-law's wedding!

Dijon's such a fantastic circuit, too.

Oh well, there's always next year....

James
Old 6 Jun 2007, 11:52 (Ref:1930160)   #3
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am going. Assuming I have new engine after crank let go on 2nd lap of qualifying at Zandvoort taking the whole bottom end with it (was a brand new build.....ouch!), I will be in three 30 minute FISC races. Midgetman Max will also be there. If no engine may take MGB or even 65 Griffith road car just for the crack.

It clashes with MG Silverstone (and Glastonbury for those still with a pulse), so quite a few regulars will be absent. Haven't been since it was at Montlhery but probably the best event I go to apart from the 6 Hours.

Where are you staying? I'm in St Seine L'Abbaye. Do you want to meet on Thursday evening?

Richard
Old 6 Jun 2007, 12:25 (Ref:1930193)   #4
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We will be in Dijon with the three pre war bangers.Need some more entries in that race.Presumably there are misguided people going to FOG near Chichchester.Contact Duncan Wiltshire if you have a proper old car or even a Frazer Nash
Old 6 Jun 2007, 12:50 (Ref:1930212)   #5
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm flying in from Moscow so need to figure out if I can get a late flight (and skip the U2TC driver's briefing on Thursday evening) in which case I will miss any Thursday evening festivities, or I'm forced to fly earlier.

We are staying a few km from the circuit in Ahuy at Le Clos des Ducs.

I plan to go to the dinner on Friday evening that Lindsey Warren is arranging (lindsey@motorracinglegends.com) and the bbq on Saturday night.

Roger
Old 6 Jun 2007, 13:21 (Ref:1930253)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISCracer
It clashes with MG Silverstone (and Glastonbury for those still with a pulse), so quite a few regulars will be absent. Haven't been since it was at Montlhery but probably the best event I go to apart from the 6 Hours.

Richard
sandwiched between Snetterton and Brands Superprix I am having to give it a miss which is a shame as I would like to do Dijon - sadly I am sufficiently old to have my daughter doing her work experience at Glastonbury this year as a back stage gofa!
Old 6 Jun 2007, 13:30 (Ref:1930265)   #7
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
I'm flying in from Moscow so need to figure out if I can get a late flight (and skip the U2TC driver's briefing on Thursday evening) in which case I will miss any Thursday evening festivities, or I'm forced to fly earlier.

We are staying a few km from the circuit in Ahuy at Le Clos des Ducs.

I plan to go to the dinner on Friday evening that Lindsey Warren is arranging (lindsey@motorracinglegends.com) and the bbq on Saturday night.

Roger
Please come and say hello. I'm number 68 - open MG Midget with Lenham front in met. blue with silver stripes. Hopefully it won't have a pool of oil underneath.........I usually go well at Dijon.

The FISC paddock has its own cafe with free beer and wine. We are usually up the far end between the assembly area and the trailer park.

BTW I see there are test sessions on Thursday

Richard
Old 7 Jun 2007, 07:01 (Ref:1930938)   #8
LC driver
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
LC driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We will be there from Holland with two Lotus Elan 26R's (a yellow one and a blue one) in FISC competition and with a Lotus Cortina (white with orange striping) in 1 hour U2TC race on saturday. Hope to meet you all.
Old 7 Jun 2007, 12:07 (Ref:1931157)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'm jealous, Dijon is great ! enjoy it everyone
Old 7 Jun 2007, 19:18 (Ref:1931506)   #10
LC driver
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
LC driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well Joe you are very welcome to have a few bottles of beer with us.
Old 8 Jun 2007, 07:09 (Ref:1931952)   #11
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As FISCRacer says I'm there too, staying in Dijon centre. Couldn't get a closer hotel but serves me right for leaving it to until I was sure the car came back from Zandvoort in one piece ;-)
Old 19 Jun 2007, 03:14 (Ref:1941281)   #12
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how did this meeting go? Can anyone provide pics or a link to pics?

Thanks
Old 19 Jun 2007, 06:35 (Ref:1941342)   #13
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
unless anyone is a time traveller out there you might have to wait til next week for an answer!! I think its this weekend coming
Old 19 Jun 2007, 06:35 (Ref:1941344)   #14
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Slippy, I know you're a few hours ahead of GMT but four days?????? The event doesn't start until Friday and it's Tuesday today!
Old 19 Jun 2007, 06:39 (Ref:1941349)   #15
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Dijon is organised for the sensible people who do not want to join the Lewis mania at FOG.We will be in Dijon this weekend
Old 19 Jun 2007, 08:38 (Ref:1941422)   #16
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
put your claws away john! good point though, with LH doing so well it will be extra busy, not my idea of fun!

Dijon was about as relaxed as it gets from memory, even down to the scrutineer sparking up a Gaulois cigarette, saying 'ahhhh Gee Teee, veree naace' slapping a sticker on my door and waving me on.

and I was worried about it as it was my first proper FiA race !
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:27 (Ref:1942017)   #17
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
unless anyone is a time traveller out there you might have to wait til next week for an answer!! I think its this weekend coming
I'd had a long week, Simon. Obviously longer than I thought... In the meantime, can anyone provide a link to entry lists, the organiser etc?
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:28 (Ref:1942019)   #18
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
By the way, Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:41 (Ref:1942029)   #19
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would love to go but my 2 ff1600 are alive.......and 2 GT's dead waiting for transplant better next year!!!!
Old 19 Jun 2007, 21:03 (Ref:1942056)   #20
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
put your claws away john! good point though, with LH doing so well it will be extra busy, not my idea of fun!

Dijon was about as relaxed as it gets from memory, even down to the scrutineer sparking up a Gaulois cigarette, saying 'ahhhh Gee Teee, veree naace' slapping a sticker on my door and waving me on.

and I was worried about it as it was my first proper FiA race !
With an accent like that,you sure he was from France Zef? .Sound,s more like SASHA TO ME
Old 19 Jun 2007, 21:04 (Ref:1942057)   #21
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.gpao.fr/

HTH,

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Diff
In the meantime, can anyone provide a link to entry lists, the organiser etc?
Old 19 Jun 2007, 21:21 (Ref:1942087)   #22
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZRacer
Thanks.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 10:35 (Ref:1942403)   #23
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Our No 2 driver has broken a rib.Need a second man for 20mins in Alta Any takers.Small ,safe and careful.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 14:49 (Ref:1942580)   #24
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you serious John? You could always PM me,I,m quite partial to vodka,would that help solve any other problem?

Last edited by terence; 20 Jun 2007 at 14:53.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 16:06 (Ref:1942639)   #25
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
John, I'm available - you can find me with FISC MG Midgets, car 54 blaze orange.
Leaving tonight, should be there from around 4pm Thursday. I'll also PM you contact details.