Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 30 Jul 2007, 20:18 (Ref:1976663)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC Snetterton 28/29th July

Thanks to all the crew for all your assistance on Esses on Saturday and Bombhole Sunday; Ken W, Ken, Tony, Jan, Dee, Dan, Jerry, Nick, Richard, Andrew, Doug & Sally - couldn't have done it without you all. Hope to see you all back at Snet soon.

Nick- hope that you've managed to shake off the flu by now? We really appreciate you sticking with it over the weekend and look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

Think the magnets must have been set on repel at least in our area - considering that even cars that hit the barriers quite hard at times all managed to drive away - well at least to the the next sector in some cases!

Either that or they must have all been buried somewhere on Senna or Sear this weekend judging by the number of cars that those areas seemed to attract over the weekend!

Also many thanks to the Long Stratton Heritage team and all the HGTCC competitors for the invite to all the marshals/ officials to the Hog roast and drinks - superb atmosphere and a chance to meet up and chat, also for some superb racing on both days.

Likewise to Team RAC for the nice new overalls which are greatly appreciated.

Terry
Old 31 Jul 2007, 06:32 (Ref:1976885)   #2
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guess who was on Senna on Sunday?
I think my magnet was working well!

Must echo thanks to the HGTCC guys for the hog roast & to Team RAC for the probans
Old 31 Jul 2007, 07:19 (Ref:1976908)   #3
lescombes
Rookie

United Kingdom
Huntingdon
lescombes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree

yes another great weekend at Snett, good weather for a change, having spoke to some BTCC competitors they remarked how friendly the circuit is and that they enjoy it better than most of the others they visit........well done Snett and also ta to RAC and the Historic guys for their generous gifts
Old 31 Jul 2007, 14:40 (Ref:1977302)   #4
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Many thanks to the crew for putting up with me, and my cold, on Saturday, sorry I wasn't very sociable. Thanks for a great weekend and, considering the usually magnetised people we had in the crew, we got off very likely.
Mini1400, now we know the reason for the carnage. You thought you'd been put on a boring post so you decided to eat all the pork pies you could and .....HEY PRESTO!
Sorry I missed the Heritage Hospitality on Saturday night, but I was on a damage limitation excercise and went straight to bed .
Will see the Snett' guys in 2 weeks, looks like a couple of great days, lots of Caterhams
Hope to see the rest of you guys at Brands Hatch the week after.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 05:50 (Ref:1977845)   #5
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man
Mini1400, now we know the reason for the carnage. You thought you'd been put on a boring post so you decided to eat all the pork pies you could and .....HEY PRESTO!
No pork pies on Sunday, but a couple on Saturday didn't intice the Clios in at Russell...
Old 1 Aug 2007, 20:56 (Ref:1978576)   #6
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini1400
didn't intice the Clios in at Russell...
they dont usually need inticing, at rockingham they couldnt do a short straight before crashing. were the pork pies and magnets on reverse for them or something.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 21:17 (Ref:1978589)   #7
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great weekend and well worth the long drive there and back. Didn't have much to do on Revett (Saturday) and Esses (Sunday) but what we did have was well handled by the incident guys and gal. The incident team was made up from marshals from Snetterton, Castle Combe, Brands Hatch, Goodwood and myself from "up north" (Oulton) but you would have thought that we had worked together for years. Thanks team. You made an I.O.s life really easy. Hope to see you again at the BRSCC meeting in October that I'm attending.

I also echo the thanks for Stratton Motorsport for the free BBQ (a hog roast!!! not a normal burger in sight!) and the never ending bar . Thanks to you I found myself back in my sleeping bag by 10.30 and for those that know me will find that a shock!

Thanks also to RAC for providing new overalls to all the marshals after racing on the Saturday. Even my son, who starts marshalling in 5 weeks, got a set! Saved me buying him a set!

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 2 Aug 2007, 03:41 (Ref:1978747)   #8
sputnik421
Racer

United Kingdom
Chichester W. Sussex
sputnik421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1
A great weekend and well worth the long drive there and back. Didn't have much to do on Revett (Saturday) and Esses (Sunday) but what we did have was well handled by the incident guys and gal. The incident team was made up from marshals from Snetterton, Castle Combe, Brands Hatch, Goodwood and myself from "up north" (Oulton) but you would have thought that we had worked together for years.
I was the Goodwood & BARC Marshal thanks v.much for your time, I enjoyed working directly with you on the Saturday, and having you close to us on Sunday. I had not worked with any of the marshals in the group before, but we just seamed to knit as a team. I look forward to working with all of them again.

Quote:
I also echo the thanks for Stratton Motorsport for the free BBQ (a hog roast!!! not a normal burger in sight!) and the never ending bar . Thanks to you I found myself back in my sleeping bag by 10.30 and for those that know me will find that a shock!
I think I only beat you to bed by 15mins then, and was out like a light. The only complant about the free bar was there was no cyder, so had to have red wine. That could have had somthing to do with me getting to sleep so fast on Saturday night.

Quote:
Thanks also to RAC for providing new overalls to all the marshals after racing on the Saturday. Even my son, who starts marshalling in 5 weeks, got a set! Saved me buying him a set!
I will be going for mine at Brands, as have wanted to use my new BARC ones for a year, before sorting out a new set. I will have to get some badges on them as soon as posible though.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 16:40 (Ref:1979185)   #9
JLD
Racer

JLD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to echo what Mike says about being on Revett and Esses. Great crew to work with. Must try and get to Snett more often, but it is a fair drive for us Cadwell types.
Old 2 Aug 2007, 17:54 (Ref:1979243)   #10
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLD
Just to echo what Mike says about being on Revett and Esses. Great crew to work with. Must try and get to Snett more often, but it is a fair drive for us Cadwell types.
Damn, forgot about the Lincolnshire crew! Hope to see you at Cadwell some time next year.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 13 Aug 2007, 10:26 (Ref:1987399)   #11
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was this you?