Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Sep 2007, 17:34 (Ref:2004496)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tour Britannia Day 2

Guys & Gals, what can I say?
A big, big Thank You for geting the organisers out of the smelly stuff.
Basically they hadn't given enough thought to the timetable and with Donington only booked until 11-30, that's why the second race didn't happen. Mind you the Renault people could have been friendlier!

At Mallory for reasons still unknown the cars were late leaving Belvoir Castle, (probably to good a lunch) which meant they were late ariving at Mallory. However thanks to all your skills, especially Fay & Alan, we got the missing Donny race in as well as the scheduled ones and still finished a full 30 seconds ahead of he 5pm curfew.

Well done one & all a credit to marshalling.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 17:37 (Ref:2004499)   #2
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So I can expect Bill home soon, then! When I spoke to him earlier he was pretty confident you'd go up to the wire of 6pm.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 07:40 (Ref:2004894)   #3
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Further to the above - when I spoke to Bill he wasn't aware that the weekday curfew was 5pm.

Very impressed with the "goody bag".
Old 6 Sep 2007, 16:20 (Ref:2005361)   #4
Fred Gallagher
Rookie

Fred Gallagher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks everyone for great efforts throughout the event and particularly on Leg 2. Hope we can all work together again next year.

Fred
Old 6 Sep 2007, 20:10 (Ref:2005611)   #5
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You bet we'll be back next year, the 'difficulties' on day 2 were overcome and I think everyone still enjoyed themselves - I know Elaine & I did.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 19:43 (Ref:2008786)   #6
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I'll definately be back next year. The event is rapidily becoming the first date in my diary each year.

Last year the organisers faced a little bit of criticism on 10/10ths, but I have to commend them that from a marshals perspective I think they'll be hard pressed to hear any words of complaints from us. Shame about Donny, but hey, it was all mended at Mallory!

My only concern of the whole event was when I was at Oulton, watching the squirels running across the track just as the first regularity cars were approaching Druids. Thankfully they obviously know the territory as they all got off in time!
Old 11 Sep 2007, 12:12 (Ref:2009290)   #7
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been asked by Grahame White to thank all the marshals over all the days. Your help was very much appreciated.

It was not just Alan and I who got everything done on day 2. It was a team effort by everyone present, so thank you to everyone.

The goody bags were very good this year and the stopwatch will certainly come in handy.

For anyone who missed it this year, please think about doing a stage next year. OK, there was a lot of hanging around, but once things started going it was very good.

Fay Crook
HSCC Chief Marshal Co-ordinator
Old 11 Sep 2007, 17:02 (Ref:2009481)   #8
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Fay,
I keep living in hope that I can do this event but work keeps getting in the way!
Roll on winning the lottery or the premium bonds so I can retire.........