Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Aug 2004, 06:09 (Ref:1057831)   #51
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
next to Schu/Rubens .. very close Webber/Button or JPM/Kimi .. with Fisico/Alonso still very close .. this is gonna be interesting

Ciao Marco
Old 6 Aug 2004, 08:04 (Ref:1057882)   #52
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Webber/Button could well develop nicely. However neither have won a GP yet. Button has a few podiums, Webber a few points. Let's see how it goes for wins.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 08:45 (Ref:1057920)   #53
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is panning out rather well.....

It seems that both Ferrari drivers, both Renault drivers, both McLaren drivers and possibly both Toyota drivers are going to be proven race winners. Both Williams drivers and both BAR drivers will be likely race winners. And we could get a race winner sitting in a Jaguar or a Sauber.

For the first time in a while, I think there will be a genuine mix of quality and experience across almost all the teams in 2005.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 11:08 (Ref:1058068)   #54
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1) Ferrari w/ Schumi and Rubens
2) Williams now w/ Webber and Button
3) McLaren w/ Kimi and Montoya
4) Renault w/ Alonso and fisi
5) Toyota

Those are my top 5 now. I wonder what Ron Dennis is thinking right now.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 12:19 (Ref:1058151)   #55
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by dcp2685
Those are my top 5 now. I wonder what Ron Dennis is thinking right now.
What, because you've put the Williams line-up 2nd to McLaren's third. I think he is thinking "I'm happy with my two drivers", or more accurately it hasn't even crossed his mind to question their 2005 drivers. He's probably thinking "I didn't see that coming, but then I haven't been looking for new drivers for months and months now".

McLaren have shown little or no interest with Button or Webber (despite the Mercedes link). They could have gone after Button like they did JPM, but didn't. There is nothing concrete to suggest that the 2005 Williams' line-up is better than McLaren's.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 12:43 (Ref:1058182)   #56
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
What, because you've put the Williams line-up 2nd to McLaren's third. I think he is thinking "I'm happy with my two drivers", or more accurately it hasn't even crossed his mind to question their 2005 drivers. He's probably thinking "I didn't see that coming, but then I haven't been looking for new drivers for months and months now".

McLaren have shown little or no interest with Button or Webber (despite the Mercedes link). They could have gone after Button like they did JPM, but didn't. There is nothing concrete to suggest that the 2005 Williams' line-up is better than McLaren's.
You're right. However as a die-hard fan of BMW Motorsport going back 12 years when i had a '76 2002...I simply always have to put them ahead of Mercedes regardless. I'm also simply not a fan of Mercedes.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 12:51 (Ref:1058191)   #57
Greg Cummins
Rookie

Greg Cummins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed. Whilst the Button/Webber line-up is a tantilising prospect, at this stage that's all it is. I, for one, am typing on my drool soaked keyboard in anticpation for the AGP next year, heck, even winter testing! But on balance I would have to say Ferrari, McLaren, then Williams, Renault. If the question was which team has the most exciting line-up then I'd be hard pressed to split Williams and McLaren, with Renault third.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 14:14 (Ref:1058291)   #58
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Renault has the best potential team. if Alonso can realise his pace, I'll back Fisi to be consistant and hard pushing.

Maclaren has the fastest two overall, unless Rubens picks up his act. Then it's Ferrari all the way.

If Rubens could only stay focussed and driven like Michael, then I really think he would be a No 1 anywhere else. He's had some electric races, and done some awesome racing. I really hope the F2005 is easy to drive fast, and the front is close between two teams at least. That'd bring out the best in Rubens again. It'd be boring, Ferrari will win again.

But it'd be better than it is now up front.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 21:10 (Ref:1058789)   #59
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dcp2685
I wonder what Ron Dennis is thinking right now.
What is this - joke of the day?

Ron Dennis has (IMO) two of the three best drivers currently in F1 signed for 2005. There is no doubt in my mind McLaren has the strongest pairing lined up for 2005.

Webber and Button is an exciting and promising lineup - but that's all it is at the moment. Only time will tell if they can rise to the level of Raikkonen and Montoya, who are both proven race winners.

Ferrari doesn't have a strong pairing. Ferrari has one strong driver (the best in the world) plus a driver who rates definitely below Raikkonen, Montoya, Fisichella and Alonso, maybe also below Ralf and Webber/Button - who knows? Difficult to say until Webber and Button have shown what they can do in a Williams. My choice for second strongest pairing would therefore be Renault.
Old 7 Aug 2004, 00:55 (Ref:1058944)   #60
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I must say how pleased I am with this all panning out.

Ferrari - With Michael in car 1 the other name is'nt that important

McLaren - Montoya / Kimi

Williams - Webber/Button

Renault - Alonso / Fisi

I cant recall the last time the top 6 drivers were all in top cars at the same time. This is a sensational lineup, and if we can have the cars as evenly matched as the drivers, 2005 could be the best season in the the last 20 years. If the cars are as close as 2002, can you imagine how many different (on merit) potential race winners we have here?
Old 7 Aug 2004, 02:00 (Ref:1058962)   #61
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Ferrari - With Michael in car 1 the other name is'nt that important
This is so very very sad!
We have great lineups developing in all the top teams except Ferrari. Rubens is good but he is clearly not challenging Michael.
I really wish Ferrari would step up and really try and get one of these young talents.
Having said that I think Mclaren have the quickest COMBINATION on the grid.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"