Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Aug 2004, 17:24 (Ref:1065238)   #26
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Your easily shocked GP Racer

He is fairly spot on with the situation with Williams. He doesn't say he was unconnected to the problem, he must no that he is part of the team and it reflects badly on him. Yet, he still says what is essentially true.

However, overall, I disagree with him (contract details notwithstanding) I think Jenson has made the right choice. I'd chose to Williams for the next couple of years over BAR.
Yes, I'm alittle on the sensitive side Adam!

Well that comment sure didn't accept any blame though, and I havn't heard any that do.

Of course I might have missed his mea culpa, but I doubt it...
Old 14 Aug 2004, 03:49 (Ref:1065574)   #27
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I find nothing wrong with Montoya's comment. In fact I rather agreed with his conclusion when i first heard about it. While the bonus issue was another twist to the saga i still think Jenson may be leaping out of the pan into the fire. Williams, despite the resources of BMW haven't yet returned to the dominant form they had with Jones 79/80/81, nor the Piquet/Mansell era when they had the Honda engines, nor the Mansell/Hill/JV era when they had Renault engines. we saw a glimpse of it last year at France/Hockenhiem but it faded again and they seem unable to repeat it consistently.
The 'tusk' may have been a blind alley design wise or it just had some unforseen side effects but this has been a season of soewhat squandered opportunity.
Secondly if JB comes up against Webber and the latter gets his measure (a la Mika/Kimi vs Coulthard) can we expect teh torrent of abuse Dc has had heaped on him dumped on Jenson...
Jenson will have to dominate Webber the way Senna did Burger if he's to maintain his present reputation.

Last edited by Teretonga; 14 Aug 2004 at 03:55.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 10:18 (Ref:1065867)   #28
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of course Senna was outqualified by Berger in their first race as team-mates.

If that was now, this BB would write Senna off on the basis of that!

Tags
jpm