Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 28 Dec 2003, 00:38 (Ref:821551)   #51
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex

Please please please, switch sides.
NO, please, please, please stay where you are
Old 28 Dec 2003, 01:00 (Ref:821566)   #52
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
What becoming a JV fan then?

Back on topic...

Hmmm, what was the topic?
Old 28 Dec 2003, 14:25 (Ref:821832)   #53
mansellmania
Racer

mansellmania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mr V
[B]This is fun.....

Quote:
Spun in Melbourne, you are correct there.
thank you

Quote:
Lapped 3 times in Maylasia, but why?
thank you, no need for whys.. he got lapped.. 3 times. in 10 years nobody will ask why.

Quote:
Spun off in Brazil, a mistake for sure
thank you again

Quote:
Austria, very incorrect, he didn't spin, his engine blew up
yes how could i mix up austria with montreal... it was montreal he spun from a 2nd place, could continue the race but he spun... AGAIN!!!

it where the same laughs i had when DC shunted the pitwall in adelaide 1994.
juan pablo montoya is the next DC and it would not suprise me if he has got to hand over position number one to kimi in melbourne 2005 IF he is leading the race.

I dont think my vieuw on montoya is gonna change.. i give everybody the benefit of the doubt but this year montoya blew a nice big chance on the worlddriverschampionship with some costly errors you see other topdrivers rarely make.

as for mika.. well i said scared ( for another crash ) or worried ( about a crash ).
If you've been a frequent reader of autosport you must recall the many columns roebuck spended on him and nothing to to disrespect mika, he had afew major spins and crashes where most of them WHERE NOT HIS FAULT!!!
His reartyre blew on the hockenheim straight just before the stadium section and ive rarely seen a car crash so violently. he ha d aBIG crash at melbourne that year and he spun at spa, and he had that adelaide crash in his mind + the subsequent hospital visits.. i think that would be enough for any driver.

So hold your horses chiquitos.. i aint dissin mika aaaaaight?

Old 28 Dec 2003, 16:52 (Ref:821878)   #54
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by mansellmania

thank you, no need for whys.. he got lapped.. 3 times. in 10 years nobody will ask why.

But in 10 years time, he will still have been lapped due to having his rear wing taken off, and if you stay a member of this forum for long enough, you will find that we do talk about things that happened 10 years ago, and people still remember the reasons why.

Quote:

it was montreal he spun from a 2nd place, could continue the race but he spun... AGAIN!!!

He spun once, not a second time.

Quote:
it where the same laughs i had when DC shunted the pitwall in adelaide 1994.
That would be 1995 in 1994, Nigel mansell drove the number 2 car to his last ever F1 victory.

Quote:
I dont think my vieuw on montoya is gonna change..
I hope it doesn't, i haven't had this much fun in ages
Old 28 Dec 2003, 18:33 (Ref:821921)   #55
mansellmania
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V

He spun once, not a second time.

That would be 1995 in 1994, Nigel mansell drove the number 2 car to his last ever F1 victory.

I hope it doesn't, i haven't had this much fun in ages [/B]
oooo my god you are soooo clever

Thanks for showing your true nature
Old 28 Dec 2003, 20:44 (Ref:821961)   #56
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mansellmania,

Mika Hakkinen made it crystal clear that he felt the McLaren will not have the best package anymore and he doesnt want to race in the second/third best car. Thats the end of the story. Although I can certainly testify to reading a statement of Brawn after Alex Zanardi's crash. Brawn said that MS almost walked out of the sport after the incident. What kep him in.. well i guess it must be the 45 million paycheck.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 20:54 (Ref:821964)   #57
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by freud
What kept him in.. well i guess it must be the 45 million paycheck.
nah, I don't buy that. There comes a point when the money ceases to matter - if it ever did. That happens in all jobs, let alone being lead driver at Ferrari.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 20:57 (Ref:821965)   #58
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Irv, money never 'ceases' to matter.. seriously

I mean look at Michael's situation at Ferrari.. a great team, a great car, a great paycheck, a lapdog... i mean its perfect, its heaven!

Last edited by freud; 28 Dec 2003 at 20:58.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 21:00 (Ref:821966)   #59
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it does to be honest. Mick is so rich that I don't think another few million could really motivate him to take on another year of leading Ferrari. There are people at certain points in their career and at a certain level of personal wealth that may consider renumeration as the primary motivation for a particular act or decision - but I don't see it in relation to Mick and his driving for Ferrari at this stage of his career.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 22:55 (Ref:822028)   #60
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone who can't remember his alleged hero's fianl win doens't show hismelf in a positive light. That's all I'll say on that matter.

As for Montoya's Malaysia incident reason not mattering - no doubt you regard Mansell's 7-race point-less streak at the start of 1988 his fault (it consisted of 6 mechanical faults and 1 race in which Alboreto punted him out of what would've been third).

As to money, I HOPE Michael isn't motivated by the prospect of extra money. Considering that he must've earnt £250m minimum in his career, and he has a cosy family lsfestyle which doesn't seem extravagent, nor does he drink or smoke or anything, I suspect he's got enough to retire on. It's passion, commmitment, enjoyment, and a belief that he can still win (which is certainly true) that keep him in the car.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 00:33 (Ref:822120)   #61
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
oooo my god you are soooo clever

Thanks for showing your true nature
I try
Old 29 Dec 2003, 05:32 (Ref:822307)   #62
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi is most definitely overhyped. He came into a team that had the fourth best car on the grid and had mild success, then he jumps to the second best car on the grid and amazingly, starts to win. He probably wouldn't have looked so good if he had a real teammate (no offense meant to DC, just no one seems to take him seriously). He didn't do much better than DC.

Alonso also had a lot of the same, one halfway decent season and just got picked up by the right team at the right time.

Poor Button had the same chacne, he scored points his first season but gotdumped for the position that JPM is in now! Then he went to benetton and helped them develop a car that we all saw the success of with Alonso this year.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 09:07 (Ref:822404)   #63
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jenson asked by journalist, and he give his opinion. So, what the problem?

Its just opinion. You can agree or disagree.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 10:08 (Ref:822453)   #64
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly...now Led, tell them the same thing over at the Brawn-talks-abt-Williams-JPM thread..
Old 29 Dec 2003, 10:39 (Ref:822464)   #65
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Mika got scared or worried after a few heavy shunts
How about you strap yourself into a 320kph missile and then be launched unexpectedly into barriers once, almost taking your life, then again a few years later, right after your championship challenger had just broken his legs?

What a stupid comment to make.

There is a big difference between being scared and being smart.

Hakkinen retired because:

a) He had nothing left to prove. He was a double World Champion
b) He had a young family on the way and that was far more important to him
c) The McLaren at that time was uncompetitive and he made it clear that he was not going to trundle around for fifth place. It was wins or nothing. You could easily see in 2001 that his heart just wasn't in it after the massive fight of 2000.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 18:08 (Ref:822675)   #66
mansellmania
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Exactly...now Led, tell them the same thing over at the Brawn-talks-abt-Williams-JPM thread..
Old 29 Dec 2003, 20:05 (Ref:822770)   #67
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
well someone has to replace DC dont you think?
DC has lots in common with juan.. DC came in end 94 and blew damon hill so much away they nearly sacked damon in 1995.
DC had also a streak of 5 polepositions in a row, got compared to stewart and god knows who else for his balsy drivestyle.
But DC had a few bad sides like not being super technical and having some tracks where he simply could not find setup or one wich he liked.
Alla juan id say, who is the same in that he isnt fast everywhere,has bogy tracks and is not technically minded like ralf is.

The question should rather be why did montoya choose Mclaren?
DC didnt win a wdc changing from williams.
No he got to be handing over certain racewins for mr mika.

I was all cheering when i heared the news that monty would leave such a good team as williams for a team that hasnt exactly been on the up the last few years to say the least.
Now williams can focus on a proper worldclass driver like webber of trulli or rubens barrichello.

A swap ralf to ferr and michael to williams would be nice as well

So you think DC is better than Montoya? Yeah right
Old 29 Dec 2003, 20:19 (Ref:822777)   #68
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
Mansellmania thinks anyone is better than JPM, but thats because, along with Kimi, JPM presents Michael with his biggest challenge.

Thats the difference between a fan and a fanatic, a fan can appreciate another drivers talents, a fanatic cannot
Old 29 Dec 2003, 21:09 (Ref:822815)   #69
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well said!

*loud applause*

I think I'll just start a thread: "Why Fernando Alonso should be sacked, based on an utterly unrelated comment by Ken Dodd......"
Old 29 Dec 2003, 21:28 (Ref:822833)   #70
mansellmania
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
where did i say DC is better than Monty?
do you wanna start a thread with: who is better.. DC or monty?

dc has ehm 13 wins 12 poles.. juan has less than that sofar.

I say they are very equal.. both came in with a lotta woohaa.. all the anti shumi clan thought they found the guy thats gonna beat shumi and here they are.. DC the lapdog of dennis and montoya throwing away an almost certain worldriverschampionship.

Old 29 Dec 2003, 23:09 (Ref:822986)   #71
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
We are done here to.