David Coulthard 0 0%
Kazuki Nakajima 0 0%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Other 8 5.84%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Sep 2008, 19:00 (Ref:2299731)   #26
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso, Nico or Glock?

Alonso had a superb drive aided by the safety car and a car that had been quick all weekend. Starting from 15th was an anomaly, not where he should have been but he wouldn't have got where he was if not for the safety car.

Nico had a superb drive in a car that genuinely was a Q2 car and managed to overcome his pit penalty by pulling out a gap big enough to make up for the following pit stop and still be in a grat position.

Glock drove well in a car that isn't as good as the cars on either side of him, and from a relatively low grid position.

I gave it to Nico....
Old 28 Sep 2008, 19:12 (Ref:2299736)   #27
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to be Nico

Before the race when they said Alonso was one stopping - i made the comment that when alonso pits, Piquet will crash and cause Alonso to gain the lead

What happened

Last edited by mattt; 28 Sep 2008 at 19:14.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 19:16 (Ref:2299738)   #28
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
Congrats to Kimi for bining it once again...and whoever controls the traffic lights that tells the drivers when to leave the pits at Ferrari needs to be sacked...
I think he was before the end of the race. Did you notice Kimi's last stop was under the lolipop
Old 28 Sep 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2299762)   #29
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
How can anyone vote for Lewis? Seem's amazing considering that he went backwards from his starting position.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 19:51 (Ref:2299768)   #30
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Lewis actually followed the rules and his team waited until the traffic in the pitlane was gone before the released them. He was stuck behind DC for 20+ laps and still the only people who managed to beat him got very lucky with the SC.

The car wasn't even that great today looking by Kovalainen's performance.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 19:54 (Ref:2299773)   #31
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
How can anyone vote for Lewis? Seem's amazing considering that he went backwards from his starting position.
Two votes. Must be James Allen and Lewis's dad again.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 20:06 (Ref:2299780)   #32
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think McLaren could have easily taken second had they pushed earlier.
They went conservative mode, especially after Massa's problems. Kimi wasn't going to get past Hamilton unless he made a mistake. But i wouldn't vote for Lewis. There were four of five drivers who were far more impressive.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 21:23 (Ref:2299847)   #33
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted Alonso. Though really he would have been nowhere without Piquet. Hamilton: not DOTR, but he did what was expected of him, which sometimes is just a little bit better than trying to do more and achieving less.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 22:18 (Ref:2299891)   #34
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Nico, excellent job.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 22:22 (Ref:2299895)   #35
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cool race - Alonso top dog - Well done.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 22:36 (Ref:2299905)   #36
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
It is a tough call between Alonso and Rosberg (with a most honourable mention for Glock). I think a convincing case can be made for either driver. Nico certainly did a fine job with his machinery, but it should be noted that Nakajima had good pace this weekend too (which means the Williams was actually a decent package, in the grand scheme).

A large part of me wants to give it to Nico, since he overcame difficulties, and all that, plus he was in a worse package than Alonso, but, well, I am going to give it to Alonso. Once he hit the front, he was simply in a class on his own. It was never really in doubt that he was going to get the win.

So, all things considered, tough a decision as it has been, I am going to go for Fernando.

Last edited by Dutton; 28 Sep 2008 at 22:38.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 23:30 (Ref:2299918)   #37
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3. coulthard - held off hamilton for a long stint. Drove very well, albeit lucky with SC. drove very well with fading brakes at the end also.

2. Nico - what a fantastic drive. Pulled out the lead and had that quality of "how did he get there on the racetrack?" after his stop-go. absolutely brilliant, and enjoyable to watch such quality driving.

but my vote goes to:

1. Alonso - cracking drive, had great pace when it counted, thought he was gone after quali. Thoroughly enjoyed seeing him back on the top step.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 00:43 (Ref:2299950)   #38
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I could I would vote for both Alonso and Rosberg. Gave my vote to Alonso though as he was on the top step. Not particularily an Alonso fan but have to admit that he is the best driver in F1 today. He has been doing some strong things in that Renault this year. Good win.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 29 Sep 2008, 02:47 (Ref:2299981)   #39
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Close call between Fernando and Nico but in the end I thought Nico deserved it more seeing how well he overcame the penalty to finish where he did and the car that he was in.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 05:39 (Ref:2300019)   #40
Meroo
Racer

Australia
South Coast NSW
Meroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timo Glock.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 06:18 (Ref:2300033)   #41
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07
Close call between Fernando and Nico but in the end I thought Nico deserved it more seeing how well he overcame the penalty to finish where he did and the car that he was in.
Considering what N. Piquet acheived during the race and qualifying, I cant help but think that Alonso must have done a fantastic job to win the race in the same car driven by NP.

Nico's driving was superb, however he was also lucky that he had a heavily fueled Trulli blocking everybody else after the race resume on lap19 and also the stewards for taking so long to decide on the 10 sec penalty which allows him to delay his unscheduled pit to lap 28.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 11:12 (Ref:2300206)   #42
Hesketh
Racer

Hesketh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso for me. He never gives up and he seems to enjoy his driving so much.
He loves the sport and therefore he keeps on being there.

Rosberg deserved his first victory.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 11:21 (Ref:2300216)   #43
Hesketh
Racer

Hesketh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently seems to everybody an average result that Sebastian Vettel 5th place...
Old 29 Sep 2008, 11:35 (Ref:2300226)   #44
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rosberg for me. Lucked in a bit, but so did Alonso.

Nice to see Alonso win though, he's been pushing hard all year.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 12:04 (Ref:2300262)   #45
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Safety car driver
Old 29 Sep 2008, 12:15 (Ref:2300269)   #46
flying finn
Racer

Australia
Sydney Australia
flying finn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
voted for Alonso for a determined drive in a not-so-good car to win first ever F1 night race with honourable mention to Rosberg for an equally determined drive in a not-so-good car for Williams second podium of the season, to Vettel for yet another points finish and Coulthard just because he is having a fun final fling
Old 29 Sep 2008, 17:33 (Ref:2300519)   #47
Good Times
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey / Texas
Good Times should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa for me, if was not for the pit screwup he would have won.
Renault mob, You jest !
And Vettel did well again.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 18:57 (Ref:2300577)   #48
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Massa went rather pants after that whole incident, though. He appeared to give up, really. He was going great guns beforehand, though, no question.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 19:06 (Ref:2300584)   #49
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
They probably turned down the power on Massa's engine because staying stationary for 1 min+ wouldn't have done it any good.
His spin was pretty sad though.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 19:09 (Ref:2300587)   #50
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
What race was he on with his engine? I can only assume it was the second? If it was the first, you'd figure they would've got him to park it.