Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Mar 2005, 08:37 (Ref:1242082)   #26
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I'm beginning to see why Ingall is signing a 3-year extension to his contract.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 09:05 (Ref:1242101)   #27
bahodie
Racer

Australia
Dreamworld
bahodie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
exactly what I thought Jnr!
Old 4 Mar 2005, 09:35 (Ref:1242124)   #28
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, Marcos cant just walk into a Nextel Cup team, he would surely have to go through their "Development Series" for a year and then step up to Nextel Cup for year two. It would be a two year deal, if he pulls off year two his contract might be extended, or at the end of two years he comes home to Supercars ala Lowndes (same but different).

As for SBR next year. #9 would become the "A" or priority car, and #4 would become the "B" or second priority car with Frosty or Luffy (subject to an observation of their performance).
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 4 Mar 2005, 10:05 (Ref:1242165)   #29
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As A Marcus fan I think that it will be a bloody big mistake to go race Nascar, it is a differernt ball game over there, just ask DICK JOHNSON. And even though Marcus is one of the country's most talented driver I think that he will bomb on the NASCAR circut. Really how many Aussie have done well in the USA.

The question is Is Marcus bored with the V8supertaxis and how long is his contract with FORD for.

Marcus stay were you are.This is just my opion.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 4 Mar 2005, 11:11 (Ref:1242226)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The odd thing is Marcos was reported as saying he didnt want to race at Daytona again unless he was in a car as good to drive, as well prepared and presented as his SBR BA.... now correct me if I am wrong... but I doubt a NASCAR is as sweet as an SBR-mobile.....

We should know by lunchtime tomorrow what's going on....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Mar 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1242237)   #31
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
how sad, no car will have number one next year
Old 4 Mar 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1242257)   #32
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dunno, I don't think he's going anywhere. Looking at the list of guests at tomorrow's conference anyways...
Old 4 Mar 2005, 11:53 (Ref:1242263)   #33
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
I dunno, I don't think he's going anywhere. Looking at the list of guests at tomorrow's conference anyways...
what list????????

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 4 Mar 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1242299)   #34
cow
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes what list
Old 4 Mar 2005, 12:26 (Ref:1242302)   #35
Crowestar
Racer

Australia
Crowestar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But when Brighty announced he was going to drive a champ car back in 1999 was there anyone special invited there????
Old 4 Mar 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1242313)   #36
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about a 3 year deal with Ford America between 06-09. Just a hunch.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 21:56 (Ref:1242665)   #37
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
As A Marcus fan I think that it will be a bloody big mistake to go race Nascar, it is a differernt ball game over there, just ask DICK JOHNSON. And even though Marcus is one of the country's most talented driver I think that he will bomb on the NASCAR circut. Really how many Aussie have done well in the USA.

The question is Is Marcus bored with the V8supertaxis and how long is his contract with FORD for.

Marcus stay were you are.This is just my opion.
You're right.
It would be more than a little naive to think he could go over to the US and be competitive, let alone become a race winner.
While Marcus is an accomplished driver at home, I think it would be a huge shock for him to find out just how hard and competitive it is over there.
Ten cars maybe able to win a race in the V8's on any given day,but over in the big ol' US of A, ten cars have a chance of winning on the last lap (egaytona) on any given day. As good as the supercars are, Nascar makes them look like a street parade.
I'm with you TSR. Marcus stay were you are.This is just my opinion too.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1242741)   #38
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If ten cars can win on the last lap, then Marcos could be one of them.....

Has he had any sucsess on ovals?

And I wonder if AVESCO will try and bribe him to stay, because he would be the single biggest loss (with perhaps Greg Murphy, Mark Skaife and Russell Ingall) for the grid if he departed the series.

I hope he stays in Australia.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 23:28 (Ref:1242748)   #39
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
hey 911, it was a little bit naive to expect ambrose to score pole in his first v8 race or his first bathurst, but he did.

maybe it would be a little bit ignorant to suggest he couldnt
Old 4 Mar 2005, 23:28 (Ref:1242751)   #40
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
You're right.
I think it would be a huge shock for him to find out just how hard and competitive it is over there.
Ten cars maybe able to win a race in the V8's on any given day,but over in the big ol' US of A, ten cars have a chance of winning on the last lap (egaytona) on any given day. As good as the supercars are, Nascar makes them look like a street parade.
I'm with you TSR. Marcus stay were you are.This is just my opinion too.
Geez guys,this sounds a bit defeatest and timid.
"Dont go Marcos they are too good, its too hard, be afraid....."

Why cant he do will? Give him a good car, a good team, he has as gooda chance as anyone.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 23:36 (Ref:1242756)   #41
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He'll never know until he gives it a go. If he wins again this year what does he have left to prove, apart from Bathurst?

Were getting abit ahead of ourselves anyway, the announcement may just be something completely different...........
Old 5 Mar 2005, 00:04 (Ref:1242772)   #42
A9X05
Racer

A9X05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With a good ride and equipment under him, I am sure he'll rise to the occasion, good luck to him if he decides to go the NASCAR way!
Old 5 Mar 2005, 00:32 (Ref:1242796)   #43
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
hey 911, it was a little bit naive to expect ambrose to score pole in his first v8 race or his first bathurst, but he did.

maybe it would be a little bit ignorant to suggest he couldnt
Maybe it was a little naive of me to not consider the fact he has the best car, in the best team against average competition.

Even more ignorant to think I should have an opinion as well.

Now what were the excuses again for not making it in Europe......
Old 5 Mar 2005, 00:40 (Ref:1242804)   #44
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
Maybe it was a little naive of me to not consider the fact he has the best car, in the best team against average competition.

you should add that in the world of nascar marcus is a nobody. as if anyone would give up their ride for him.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 00:59 (Ref:1242811)   #45
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For Immediate Release

Back-to-back V8 Supercar champion Marcos Ambrose is to pursue racing interests in North America in 2006 and plans to leave the V8 Supercar Championship Series at the end of the current race year.

Ambrose is discussing several opportunities with Ford USA and hopes to have a firm program in place within a few months. His eventual goal is a drive in the NASCAR Nextel Cup.

In the meantime, Ambrose is totally focused on winning his third consecutive V8 Supercar title in his Pirtek Falcon for SBR, Ford and their fans in 2005.

Ambrose is in the process of competing in three V8 Supercar support races at the Foster’s Australian Formula One Grand Prix this weekend and will start his “three-peat” championship campaign at the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide on March 17-20.

SBR co-owner Ross Stone said that Ambrose would move to the USA with the blessing of his team and sponsors and will release him from his contract a year early at the end of 2005.

“Marcos has been a terrific part of this team for five years and has played a major role in our development and success,” said Stone.

“We would never stop a talented driver like Marcos from pursuing other opportunities.

We know Marcos is as focused as ever on winning a third consecutive title for Pirtek, Ford, SBR and our fans and we will be doing everything possible to make that a reality.”

Ambrose said it was important to make his intentions clear at this stage of the year to be fair to his fans and end any speculation with US testing expected to get underway in the near future.

“The V8 Supercar Championship is a fantastic series and has been very good to me,” said Ambrose.

“I have to thank Ross and Jimmy Stone, Ford and Pirtek for their tremendous support and hopefully we can all share some future success.

“While nothing has been finalised at this stage, it was important for everyone that my intentions were made clear before the start of the season so we can get on with the job of trying to win a third consecutive title.”

Ford Australia President, Tom Gorman, said Ambrose's ambitions were something that all Ford fans could share.

“Marcos Ambrose is an important part of the global Ford family,” said Gorman.

“He has done a fantastic job for us since joining the V8 Supercar ranks in 2001 and we are confident he can continue his success as he chases a third consecutive title this season.

“His decision to pursue a career path in the US is going to offer an exciting adventure which Ford Australia supports and will assist with where we can.”

At this stage Ambrose is set to test with a tier one Ford NASCAR Busch team over a two-day period in the near future. Further tests will be arranged as Ambrose’s V8 Supercar schedule permits, according to John Szymanski, Director, Sponsor Development, Ford Racing Technology.

“Dan Davis (Director Ford Racing Technology) and I both have the utmost respect for Marcos’ abilities on and off the racetrack,” said Szymanski.

“We feel Marcos’ move to America underlines the synergy among the different Ford racing programs around the world and we look forward to helping him with our vast resources and relationships to ensure a high degree of success.

“In the meantime we want to ensure that nothing detracts from Marcos defending his back-to-back V8 Supercar tiles in 2005.

“As a valued member of the Ford Racing "family" we look forward to welcoming Marcos to the newest chapter of his racing career.“
Old 5 Mar 2005, 01:22 (Ref:1242814)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suppose that has the potential to sidetrack the chances of the Pirtek car winning the series this season.... this will have to be a distraction, despite any discussions to the contrary.

Good news for Marcos, onwards and upwards... but strange nonetheless....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Mar 2005, 01:42 (Ref:1242818)   #47
brendan24688
Racer

brendan24688 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well hes just lost my support! I have a feeling e may see a MR. T KELLY in the Pirtek falcon next year ???
Old 5 Mar 2005, 01:51 (Ref:1242821)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Nope... Luffy being in an SBR car this season doesnt seem to be an accident....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Mar 2005, 02:00 (Ref:1242828)   #49
HSE2
Racer

HSE2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craigs out of contract with Ford at years end so perhaps that might be a carrot??
Old 5 Mar 2005, 02:29 (Ref:1242835)   #50
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911

he didnt have the best car, in the best team against average competition, he was in a car which wasnt the best ford out there and it had an aero disadvantage against the holden and the once great HRT and he was on pole in his first race.

and next time you should have a cry about opinions if you like, apparantly your view is the only one that counts and everyone else is naive.

no excuses for europe, but he has grown up since then, and is a much better racer