Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 May 2004, 10:28 (Ref:970736)   #1
Chronicle
Racer

Chronicle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Victorian Motor Racing Championship - Calder

Who is entered or who is going to the Victorian Motor Racing Championship at Calder next weekend (May 21 & 22)
Old 14 May 2004, 21:42 (Ref:971330)   #2
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to help out as an official. There is free Friday practice for every one entered, so I will probably be there Fri, Sat & Sun.
Old 14 May 2004, 23:35 (Ref:971409)   #3
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
does that include the Vic F/Ford Championship?
Old 15 May 2004, 09:35 (Ref:971552)   #4
Chronicle
Racer

I am not sure kmsport, maybe someone can answer that for you. Unfortunately I can't go as I have Uni studies.
Old 15 May 2004, 14:22 (Ref:971712)   #5
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Vic F Ford Championship as the "new" VMRC is run under AASA sanction and thus is not officially recognised byCAMS.
The first meeting had under 50 cars entered but Calder should be a lot better supported as Calder is offering free testing on Friday and I know of a few who are entering purely for that purpose in the lead up to the Queens Birthday State series round at the Island.
Don't know how many are entered as no one at Calder or the VMRC has sent out any PR at this stage.
If they'll let us we intended to go out next weekend for IPL and have a look for ourselves.
Old 17 May 2004, 05:40 (Ref:972966)   #6
Dirk
Veteran

Dirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some people are pretty negative towards the AASA for no apparent reason from what I can see.
Old 17 May 2004, 06:09 (Ref:972978)   #7
Pierre
Rookie

Pierre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every sporting event must have an umpire, at this time in AUSTRALIA it is CAMS, being appointed for motorsport by the F.I.A. and recognised by all governments, federal ,state & local ,it will be this way for sometime to come.............
Old 17 May 2004, 06:47 (Ref:972998)   #8
Bigguy
Racer

Bigguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Pierre
Every sporting event must have an umpire, at this time in AUSTRALIA it is CAMS, being appointed for motorsport by the F.I.A. and recognised by all governments, federal ,state & local ,it will be this way for sometime to come.............
Not if they continue with their current attitudes (eg fees, Australian Standards, arrogance etc etc)
Old 17 May 2004, 08:33 (Ref:973067)   #9
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
And the FIA dumped the Indian ASN as they couldn't represent motorsport in India appropriately. What will the FIA do about CAMS not showing up to Standards Australia Safety meeting? Which by the way is recognised by all governments, federal, state (including coroners & prosecutors who where at the meeting), local and internationally through the International Standards Organisation.
Old 17 May 2004, 09:30 (Ref:973115)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Probably just ask for a fee increase, or arrange a fact finding mission to Australia when a few major motorsport events are on.

I must say the number of CAMS official types at Sandown at the weekend was very very noticeable...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 May 2004, 10:33 (Ref:973151)   #11
TC 2
Rookie

TC 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matthew, it is obvious that the reason that the FIA dumped the Indian ASN was because the technical regulations for their current model Supercar "The 2004 Morris Oxford" were unacceptable!
Australia has a system in place, and even though it does not suit everybody it has worked in the past and probably will into the future.
I suggest that if people have a problem with the CAMS system they should contact CAMS and arrange a meeting to discuss the issues. Spitting venom at any organisation from afar is easy to do but not right. Why don't you personally make an appointment with the people that you are critisising and discuss any problems face to face?
Old 17 May 2004, 10:44 (Ref:973159)   #12
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TC 2, Do you work for CAMS?
Old 17 May 2004, 11:29 (Ref:973210)   #13
Pierre
Rookie

Pierre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Australia there is a system of motorsport governance admistered for the F.I.A. by C.A.M.S..This is for the good of all. It runs along the lines of English Legal System ,of which if this was not in place, AUSTRALIA would be ruled by anarchy, of which some PROMOTERS & competitors very much wish upon motorsport in AUSTRALIA & beyond........
Old 17 May 2004, 11:40 (Ref:973214)   #14
TC 2
Rookie

No Morris 1100 I do not and never have worked for CAMS.
Old 17 May 2004, 14:36 (Ref:973389)   #15
Bigguy
Racer

Bigguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Pierre
In Australia there is a system of motorsport governance admistered for the F.I.A. by C.A.M.S..This is for the good of all. It runs along the lines of English Legal System ,of which if this was not in place, AUSTRALIA would be ruled by anarchy, of which some PROMOTERS & competitors very much wish upon motorsport in AUSTRALIA & beyond........
You are extremely naive if you truly believe what you just wrote. Nobody has been attempting to get rid of CAMS, but to offer a more palatable alternative for motorsport at the club level, from the belief that CAMS is not representing this end of their "customer base" effectively.

As far as I can see, the only parties putting out this "sky is falling" claptrap are the people within CAMS who can see their monopoly being challenged.

If they were doing the right thing for everybody, no-one would try to seek alternative solutions for the "little guys"....
Old 17 May 2004, 23:34 (Ref:973946)   #16
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Quote:
Originally posted by TC 2
Matthew, it is obvious that the reason that the FIA dumped the Indian ASN was because the technical regulations for their current model Supercar "The 2004 Morris Oxford" were unacceptable!
Australia has a system in place, and even though it does not suit everybody it has worked in the past and probably will into the future.
I suggest that if people have a problem with the CAMS system they should contact CAMS and arrange a meeting to discuss the issues. Spitting venom at any organisation from afar is easy to do but not right. Why don't you personally make an appointment with the people that you are critisising and discuss any problems face to face?
TC 2 our organisation has been meeting with CAMS to discuss the same problems for over 10 years now. At the last meeting we had in February last year when it was suggested that we can talk about all these issue and resolve them. I suggested to them that alternative arise (AASA) when we keep talking about these issue (for over 10 years now)and nothing is done about it. BTW CAMS need a good dose of venom spat there way for not turning up to the Standards Australia meeting, either that or we forget about them representing motorsport and see them for what they real are, a motorsport taxation group.
Old 18 May 2004, 03:38 (Ref:973998)   #17
just a racer
Racer

just a racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to the topic at hand, how many entries are there for Calder?
I too have not seen any advertising for this meeting.
What is the entry fee to come and have a look?
Old 18 May 2004, 05:31 (Ref:974017)   #18
Dirk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by TC 2

Has worked for who? Even a complete idiot could see by reading these forums that it doesn't work. If it did work there would be no need for the AASA would there?

As a CAMS official I am completely disgusted with the money hungry attitude, it appears that everytime they send something out of the office lately they are putting their fees up for something.
Old 18 May 2004, 05:34 (Ref:974018)   #19
Dirk
Veteran

To be honest I have been accused of 'CAMS bashing' in the past. Right now I am sick of the 'AASA bashing' that is going on. I am a motorsport support, I don't support the AASA or CAMS. Whichever or whoever is doing the better job should get the job in my book, and right now at this point in time it surely isn't CAMS.
Old 18 May 2004, 07:46 (Ref:974070)   #20
just a racer
Racer

just a racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello, is anything happening at Calder or are we all going to hang sh*t on each other........as usual?
Old 18 May 2004, 07:49 (Ref:974073)   #21
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morris, I think I know who TC2 is & they definitely do not work for CAMS & they don't have any opinion for or against AASA.
Whether it is one or the other IMO I don't care, so long as competitors get to race.
Old 18 May 2004, 10:30 (Ref:974182)   #22
Chronicle
Racer

Just for everyones benefit this thread was developed by me to talk about the Calder meeting THIS weekend, Matthew how are the numbers stacking. Are the fields looking OK. BTW me and Junior can't make it. I have Uni on.

And for the record, it is great to have 2 players in any game, or there is no game. The Calder meeting is sanctioned by AASA I understand, and will that make any difference to how the RACES are run and won - I THINK NOT!
Old 18 May 2004, 10:55 (Ref:974202)   #23
TC 2
Rookie

Matt, I apologise because I did not know that you personally attended the meetings at CAMS. Sorry mate.
My opinion of the CAMS/AASA situation is that there are a lot of competitors that want to be a part of our fantastic sport but are restricted by the costs. As I have stated previously the CAMS system has been in place for many years and without doubt will be well into the future, but if AASA could assist the weekend racers to enjoy their motorsport at a realistic cost it would be a good thing, as long as all of the important safeguards were in place ie insurance etc.

Matthew I ask you to read Dirk's, sorry that is Dirk's comments and honestly tell me if you think that this is good for our sport considering that he say's he is a CAMS Official.

Remember the golden rule... attack the post and not the poster!!

Last edited by GTRMagic; 18 May 2004 at 12:02.
Old 18 May 2004, 11:58 (Ref:974265)   #24
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I worked out that in my last full season of racing CAMS made more money off me than Bridgestone, Shell, Revolution Racegear, etc. They were my biggest expense (If you add all the licence fees, insurance fees, club capitation fees, etc.) I did not get any fines or penalties. ANd things have only gotten worse since then.
Bring on the AASA and anyone else that can do the job with realistic costs.

BTW TC_2, a lot of people call themselves "CAMS officials" because they work at CAMS events but that does not make them "officials of CAMS"
At an AASA meeting he could very well be an "AASA official"

Last edited by Morris 1100; 18 May 2004 at 12:02.
Old 18 May 2004, 12:13 (Ref:974281)   #25
single keel
Rookie

single keel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Morris 1100
I worked out that in my last full season of racing CAMS made more money off me than Bridgestone, Shell, Revolution Racegear, etc. They were my biggest expense (If you add all the licence fees, insurance fees, club capitation fees, etc.) I did not get any fines or penalties. ANd things have only gotten worse since then.
Bring on the AASA and anyone else that can do the job with realistic costs.
?? How do you work this out? I'm not sure how you came up with your figures, CAMS scored $341 for my C3 licence, and $44 for a manual. That comes to $385. Even if you add to that the cost of a Car club membership, its still way less than a set of tyres. Please explain?